Discover the lovely hill-station of Matheran in this one-day road trip from Mumbai. Matheran is a unique and beautiful getaway for nature lovers and others alike which has been declared an Eco-sensitive zone by the Indian Ministry of Environment and Forest. The tranquility and old-world charm of this place attract tourists all around the year.
One unique aspect of Matheran is that it is probably the only town in India that has put a ban on vehicles beyond a point - Dasturi Park. From here one needs to walk on the road along the railway tracks or hire a horse or hand-pulled rickshaw that takes you to Matheran. Thanks to proper conservation of nature, at Matheran nestled in the Western Ghats - You feel like you're in the lap of nature.
- Your tour starts with a morning pick-up from your hotel/residence in Mumbai city limits at your specified time slot.
- Post which you will proceed on our journey towards Matheran, which is about 3-hour drive from Mumbai and the route taken is Mumbai-Pune Highway via Karjat.
- Reach Dasturi near Matheran and the commercial vehicles are not allowed to go beyond this point. You can cover the final stretch by walk, but the walk from Dasturi is slightly long but a nice one (usually it might take up to 2 hours)
- Take a horse ride or you can also choose to rent a bicycle or a local cab or you can also take the toy train from here. The toy train from does not operate during the monsoon season (from June 15 to October 15).
- Upon your arrival at Matheran, you will be visiting the following places:
- Alexander Point
- Louisa Point - famous attraction in Matheran for its waterfall
- One Tree Hill
- Lord Point
- Charlotte Lake
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel/residence in Mumbai city limits.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits).
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Usage of the vehicle for up to 300 kilometres as per the itinerary.
- Airport pick-up or drop.
- All parking & toll charges.
- Monument entrance charges.
- Any meals during the tour for the guests.
- Anything else not specified in the inclusions above.
- This is not a guided tour.
- The itinerary is customisable. The guests may choose to skip any of the places or add any new places as per choice.
- Pick up and drop locations has to be same. It can be different but extra charges would be applicable.
- Night charge of Rs. 300 is applicable if the cab service is used between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- The tour has a kilometre limit of 300 km.
- After 300 km, additional per km charges are applicable
- For 4-seater Rs. 11 per km and for 6-seater Rs. 14 per km.
- Air-conditioner may be switched off in the hilly areas.
- Full refund if cancelled before* 3 days
- No refund after that