Take a tour of the ancient caves which date back to the 2nd century BC and explore one of the finest forms of rock-cut architecture. A famous place to visit for architecture lovers.
Buddhism was on a rise in that era and thus it was common for the monks to built caves in hilltops and live there. These Buddhist monks dedicated their lives to meditation and the teachings of Buddha. Therefore there are prominent features like the prayer hall and the Stupa and other relief structures seen which give the traveler an insight into their life. The carvings on these walls show the use of wood for the first time in the Indian civilization and this is what makes the caves an important archeological artifact.
- Your tour will begin with a morning pick-up from your hotel/residence in Mumbai.
- Post which you will undertake your journey towards Karla Caves.
- Upon arrival, you will be exploring the majestic Karla Caves and Bhaja Caves.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel/residence in Mumbai.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits).
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Usage of the vehicle for up to 250 kilometres as per the itinerary.
- Airport pick-up or drop.
- All parking & toll charges.
- Monument entrance charges.
- Any meals during the tour for the guests.
- Anything else not specified in the inclusions above.
- This is not a guided tour.
- Pick up and drop locations has to be same. It can be different but extra charges would be applicable.
- Night charge of Rs. 300 is applicable if the cab service is used between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- The tour has a kilometre limit of 250 km.
- After 250 km, additional per km charges are applicable
- For 4-seater Rs. 11 per km and for 6-seater Rs. 14 per km.
- Air-conditioner may be switched off in the hilly areas.
- Full refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that