Thinking of a short weekend getaway near Mumbai? Let's explore the scenic hill stations of Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani and let Mother Nature enchant you on this 2 day trip from Mumbai.
A little over 5 hours drive from Mumbai, Mahabaleshwar is a hill station in India's forested Western Ghats range. Mahabaleshwar is a must-see place and a perfect weekend getaway in Maharashtra. Mahabaleshwar offers pleasant weather all year round and various attractions such as forts, great viewing points, and waterfalls. Famous tourist attractions in Mahabaleshwar include Monkey Point, Falkland Point, Old Mahabaleshwar Temple, Morarji Castle, Lingmala Waterfalls, Rajpuri Caves, Wilson Point, and Pratapgad Fort. Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai is about 290 Kms and the best route is via Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
Panchgani is a hill station in the Satara district of Maharashtra. This gem of a hill station was established by a British officer as a summer resort. He is credited for planting many plant species from the western world in Panchgani, including Silver oak and poinsettia, these plants have flourished since then. Panchgani is at a distance of 19 km from Mahabaleshwar and to reach Mahabaleshwar you pass picturesque Wai where you can stop if you have time.
If you are looking for a 2 day trip near Mumbai with friends, here is your solution. This place is also famous for a family outing.
- Your tour will start with a morning pick-up from your hotel/residence in Mumbai city limits.
- Post which you will proceed on a journey towards Mahabaleshwar, which is a 5-hour drive from Mumbai.
- After your check-in at the hotel (booked by you), you can proceed to visit the following suggested tourist attractions in Mahabaleshwar or Panchgani:
- Elephant's Head Point and Kate's Point
- Mahabaleshwar Temple
- Elphinstone Point
- Arthur Seat Point
- Venna Lake
- Bombay / Sunset Point
- Post the completion of the day's tour you will be dropped to your hotel at Mahabaleshwar / Panchgani.
- Next day you will have a morning pick up from your hotel. Post which will be visiting the following suggested places:
- Wilson Point / Sunrise Point
- Mapro Garden
- Parsi Point
- Sydney Point
- Devil's Kitchen
- Table Land
- Rajpuri Caves
- Upon completion of your tour on Day 2, you will be heading back to Mumbai and be dropped at your hotel/residence/airport, railway station.
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan Car or SUV.
- Roundtrip travel from any point in Mumbai (Residence/Hotel/Airport) to Mahabaleshwar/Panchgani and back.
- Vehicle, Driver and Fuel charges.
- 650 km of usage.
- All tolls/parking charges (to be paid in actual)
- Entrance fees to any of the sites if applicable.
- Personal expenses
- Any meals
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- This is not a guided tour.
- Pick-up & drop off should be the same location.
- The pick-up & drop off location can be different but extra charges will apply as per distance from pick-up location and can be paid to the driver directly.
- The guests may choose to skip or add a new place to the itinerary
- The tour has a kilometer limit of 650 kilometers. After 650 kilometers, every additional kilometer will be charged at ₹11 per km for sedan and ₹14 per km for van.
- Night charges of Rs. 300 per day (per vehicle) is applicable in case the cab service is used between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am (to be paid to the driver directly).
- Full refund if cancelled before* 3 days
- No refund after that